So full disclosure, I wrote a post almost identical to this a little over a year ago, which some of you may remember. But I thought I’d share an updated version, since although most of my favorite items from my beloved Trader Joe’s haven’t changed, there are some new staples for me now (along with some items I featured last year that I no longer buy). TJs is my top grocery store because they not only have lots of delicious food (much of which is healthier than what I find at my regular supermarket), they’re affordable. Double win. (And nope, this isn’t sponsored. I just genuinely love me some TJs.)
1. Toscano Black Pepper Cheese. Keeping this one at #1 because it is THE BEST. It was recommended to us several years ago by a Trader Joe’s employee while we were shopping, and there has not been a visit to TJs since where we didn’t buy it.
2. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. I use this in and for pretty much everything.
3. Raw Almond Butter. When I first saw the price for one of these jars, I put it back. But then I grabbed it again and man, am I glad I did. I eat this almost everyday. Try dipping apples into it or adding it to your morning smoothie. Delightful.
4. Thai Yellow Curry Sauce. I’ve told this story before, but almost 12 years ago now, I had my husband over for dinner for the first time. I made him yellow curry tofu with this sauce, and he told me he was smitten. (I also drank way too much vodka that night and he ended up holding up my hair over the toilet, but we’ll save the details of that story for another time.) We still make this dish on the regular.
5. Thai Vegetable Gyoza. My favorite food in the entire world is Tibetan Momos, and these veggie potstickers, while not as delicious as the real thing, are pretty damn similar. We steam them, then light pan fry, and serve with Bragg Amino Acids. So good.
7. Organic Broccoli Slaw. This stuff is killer on top of bowls, steamed and served like pasta, added to tacos, etc. Endless possibilities.
8. Triple Ginger Snaps. Made with fresh ginger, candied ginger, and ground ginger, theses are the perfect not-too-sweet sweet treats.
9. Handcrafted Black Bean & Cheese Taquitos. Beans, cheese, and taquitos. Enough said.
10. Speculoos Cookie Butter. I feel like including this is almost cliche because it’s everybody’s TJ favorite, but it’s really really really good, so I couldn’t leave it out.
11. Paneer Tikka Masala with Spinach Basmati Rice. I wish the portion was larger, but it genuinely tastes like it’s from an Indiana restaurant. So good.
12. Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. There is very little that this seasoning can’t make better.
13. Sublime Ice Cream Sandwiches. Definitely not good for you, but the best ice cream sandwiches I’ve ever had. For real.
14. Oven-Baked Cheese Bites. These bites are 100% cheese. All cheese. Mmmm.
15. Triple Ginger Brew. This is only available around the holidays, which for whatever reason is the only time I seem to drink soda, so it works out pretty well for me. Think ginger ale with bite.
If you have any favorites I missed, please share them! I’m always on the look out for new Trader Joe’s goodies I haven’t tried.
An all too common occurrence at my house, although Penny usually jumps right to stage four! Until next time, Good day, and good dog!
Have a great weekend! Until next time, Good day, and good dog!
I found a new toy I’d like to try: the Interactive Rubber Ball from LemmePet.com If you’ve read any of our breed guides, you know we often recommend an activity for your dogs that keeps them mentally stimulated when you must leave them home alone. This toy allows you to feed them throughout the day, […]
Over the past several months, United Airlines has been in the news with horrible stories about their treatment of dogs. A dog died after being forced to fly in an overhead compartment, then three dogs were loaded onto incorrect planes and sent as far away as Japan. As a result, the carrier has suspended all […]